In this research project, first, various natural and man-made disasters as well as their reciprocal influences on the urban transportation system were analyzed. Second, a crisis management and passive defense agenda for considering in the urban transportation projects was proposed.
- Overview of the upper-hand documents (i.e. codes prepared by the Iran’s passive defense organization, international regulations, and other credible references)
- Evaluation of natural and man-made disasters and classification of such disasters based on the required transportation services
- Prioritization of the required items for incorporating into the crisis management and passive defense agenda of the urban transportation projects
- Compilation of the crisis management and passive defense agenda of the urban transportation projects
- Evaluation of the requirements for each transportation infrastructure and facility against crises